You might know me from Aboite Lutheran Church, where I worked for some time, Huntington University where I went to school, or just from reading my thoughts about the church on this blog.
I don’t write about Christianity or the church that much anymore. But if you’re looking to read my thoughts on it (many of which would probably still be my thoughts today) you came to the right page.
My thoughts on Rob Bell and Isn’t She Beautiful?
I also attended a speaker’s conference at Mars Hill, lead by Rob Bell, called Isn’t She Beautiful? I posted a lot that week, which you can find below:
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Sunday Service
- Isn’t She Beautiful? The Living Eucharist
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Arts and Creativity
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Journey Theology
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Q&A Session
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Final Thoughts
- Isn’t She Beautiful? Appendix, with 43 pages of typed notes
If you liked this stuff, you might also like Rob Bell’s suggest reading list.
I also attended one of the stops on Rob Bell’s The Gods Aren’t Angry tour and wrote up my thoughts. Then there was a book signing, where I had a book signed and enjoyed a laugh with Bell.
Back in 2006 my friend Justin Jones and I went church visiting. We wanted to see what worked, and what didn’t.
An evening with Donald Miller
I saw Donald Miller speak one time. I wrote down my thoughts after, and then submitted an editorial to my college paper about it.
My own thoughts on the church
If you’d like to read my thoughts on church issues, check out some of my favorites:
- What are you giving up for Lent?
- Huntington’s Chris Centeredness
- Chapels Limit my Spiritual Formation
- Chapel Speakers
- The Price We Pay
- Should we sell church?
- Can I Pray for You?
- My thoughts on women in ministry
- Musing on Postmodernism
- Free Bibles for… Christians?
- Christians Scare Me
- Bible Stories for Children
- The Good and Bad to Christian Radio
- See everything in the “Church Theory” category
God and Time series
During an especially awesome class I took with Dr. David Woodruff during college I kept track of my thoughts on a few of the sections here on my blog.
- God and Time – Kretzmann and Immutability
- God and Time – DeWeese and Atemporality
- God and Time – Perfection and the Purpose of Scripture
- God and Time: An Analogy
- God and Time: The Issue of Prayer
- God and Time: Regarding the Incarnation
- God and Time: Regarding the Incarnation (Part 2)
- God and Time: Final Thoughts
This series skirted on the philosophical side of my writing. If you’re after that, check out the philosophy category of posts.